Welcome to My Swim A Mile Page!
October 8, I will be swimming a mile - I will be thinking of my mother, who I lost in 2005 to cancer. During that time, one organization held me together - WCRC. And that organization provides services 100% free of charge -- thanks to the generosity of donors .
I will also be honoring myself - I've spent much of the last three years going through 5 preventive surgeries to ensure I don't get cancer. But I'm fortunate, I have good health insurance and many resources. Not everyone does, which makes the work of WCRC so ciritcal.
The Swim A Mile for Women with Cancer is phenomenal fundraiser for this organization, and I hope you'll make a contribution in support of my Swim!
The Swim A Mile is a fantastic annual fundraiser that benefits the work of the Women's Cancer Resource Center. Since 1986, WCRC has provided programs and a network of supportive services for women with cancer in the Bay Area.
All donations are tax-deductible, and make a world of difference to WCRC's clients:
- $25 buys supplies for WCRC's cultural and healing arts program
- $50 purchases organic ingredients for its cooking and nutrition program
- $100 funds a Community Health Advocate in accompanying clients to treatment
- $250 pays for a comprehensive training for In-Home Support volunteers
- $500 provides emergency financial assistance for a client with cancer to pay for rent, utilities or groceries
- $1,000 funds a support group for women with metastatic cancer for an entire year
Thanks in advance for your generous donation. It will directly support more than 5,000 people over the next year!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.