Welcome to My Swim A Mile Page!
I'm excited to be doing the Women's Cancer Resource Center Swim A Mile for Cancer for the third time October 7th. The inspiring people I met at the event last year, and the kind and generous donors who supported me motivated me to do it again. Plus, it was really fun!
I'll be swimming with my friend Amy Stewart, two-time cancer survivor and five-time Swim A Mile veteran. This year I'll swim for Amy and the others in my life who have been affected by cancer.
The Swim A Mile is a fantastic annual fundraiser that benefits the work of the Women's Cancer Resource Center. Since 1986, WCRC has provided programs and a network of supportive services for women with cancer in the Bay Area.
All of WCRC's services are provided 100% free of charge -- thanks to the generosity of donors like you!
All donations are tax-deductible, and make a world of difference to WCRC's clients:
- $25 buys supplies for WCRC's cultural and healing arts program
- $50 purchases organic ingredients for its cooking and nutrition program
- $100 funds a Community Health Advocate in accompanying clients to treatment
- $250 pays for a comprehensive training for In-Home Support volunteers
- $500 provides emergency financial assistance for a client with cancer to pay for rent, utilities or groceries
- $1,000 funds six months of free therapy services
Thanks in advance for your generous donation. It will directly support more than 5,000 people over the next year!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.