Excited to swim a mile for the Women's Cancer Resource Center!
On Saturday, October 5th, I will once again be swimming a mile to support the Women’s Cancer Resource Center! I hope you will sponsor me this year!
The Swim A Mile is a fantastic annual fundraiser that benefits the work of the Women's Cancer Resource Center. Since 1986, WCRC has provided programs and a network of supportive services for women with cancer in the Bay Area.
This will be my eighth swim, and my seventh in a row! The first time I did this swim was many years ago, long before I knew I would ever face cancer myself (but with my sister in mind). Now that I’ve been through it twice—the challenges of chemo and radiation in 2007 for anal canal cancer and two surgeries and more radiation in 2015 for breast cancer—I have a far greater understanding and appreciation of the work that WCRC does in helping women with cancer every day.
I swim because I know how lucky I was. The people who took care of me in 2007, and again in 2015—the doctors, nurses, technicians, counselors, work colleagues, friends, and family—made all the difference in the world to me. I want other women who face cancer to have all the support they need. And that is exactly what the Women's Cancer Resource Center provides!
All of WCRC's services are provided 100% free of charge -- thanks to the generosity of donors like you!
All donations are tax-deductible, and make a world of difference to WCRC's clients.
- $25 buys supplies for WCRC's cultural and healing arts program
- $50 purchases organic ingredients for its cooking and nutrition program
- $100 funds a Community Health Advocate to accompany clients to treatment
- $250 pays for a comprehensive training for In-Home Support volunteers
- $500 provides emergency financial assistance for a client with cancer to pay for rent, utilities or groceries
- $1,000 funds six months of free therapy services
Thanks in advance for your generous donation. It will directly support more than 5,000 people over the next year!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.